In our previous blog we looked at the pros and cons of switching your business vans or commercial fleet to electric and how this could be beneficial for your fleet van insurance or business insurance.
Following on from this, here are our top six selection of the best vans currently on the market in the UK for business use.
1. The Nissan E-NV200 was the best-selling electric van in Europe in 2016 and 2017. It’s popular for its quietness during early morning deliveries in residential areas. The van has a range of 108 Km, 4.2m3 worth of space and a weight loading of 770 kg via wide opening rear doors, together with sliding side doors.
2. The Renault Kangoo Z.E. 33 has an impressive range of 170 miles via an upgraded battery pack. This van also comes with a handy range calculator, so you know exactly how much energy you’re consuming. Because of its on-road quietness, the Kangoo is fitted with an alert that warns pedestrians of its presence - especially useful if you are making deliveries or journeys in the city.
3. Market-leading Citroen Berlingo Electric features a load capacity up to 4.1 m3 and has a load length of between 1.8 m and 2.05 m with a max payload of 636kg. It also features electric doors, windows and mirrors and comfort air conditioning. The folding front passenger seat increases the load length to a maximum of 4.4 m and the middle seat folds down to create an on the move desk.
4. Depending on its spec, the large Renault Master Z.E. can handle a 1.1-tonne payload with two roof heights and a pair of platform cabs, making this the most versatile electric van on the market and perfect for fleets. It features an Eco mode, which limits the top speed to 50mph, still more than enough for round-town use. From a 17-hour standard mains socket charge you should get around 74 miles. It also features a host of telematics and fleet-management systems, which are a boon for fleet managers and can help lower your fleet insurance.
5. The Iveco Daily Electric takes only two hours to reach full capacity and has an extended range of 280km. The battery is optimised for all weather conditions which means no reduced battery life in winter. With a gross weight up to 5.6 tonnes and up to 19.6 m3 cargo volume, the Iveco can hold a payload of up to 100 kg. Other highlights include a detachable tablet, and a TomTom navigation system to help navigate busy traffic, saving you time and money.
6. Available in two wheelbase lengths, the Peugeot Partner Electric is ideal for round-town use and boasts a range of 106 miles on a single charge. Its load volume of 3.3 m3 and load weight of 695kg increases with the longer L2 version which sees that grow to 3.7 m3. It can be ordered with a split-folding passenger seat for longer loads.
If you would like to know more about how electric vehicles can lower your fleet van insurance premiums, give Tradex a call on 0333 313 1111.