Looking For Taxi Insurance Quotes?
For a direct taxi insurance quote call now.
As a taxi driver, finding competitive insurance can be one of the more unwelcome parts of your profession, but it’s also one of the most important. When your livelihood is at risk, it’s essential you have cover in place that can get you back on the road as quickly as possible. There are many different taxi insurers out there, but very few understand your needs as well as us.
At Tradex, we offer a wide range of taxi car insurance policies that meet your specific requirements, whether you operate a single vehicle or run a taxi fleet. We also have a dedicated claims service that’s on hand to answer your calls quickly and provide the expert assistance you need, as well as a committed customer service team to offer help and assistance throughout the policy.
To get started, just click the ‘Get Quote’ button below. All we need is your contact information, a few details about your vehicle(s) and the type of cover you’re looking for. We’ll then be able to provide you with a quick quote that could save you up to 50% on the cost of your existing premium.
Alternatively, if you’d like to discuss the type of cover you think you might need, please get in touch with our team.
Why Choose Tradex Insurance Services?
Our taxi insurance products cater for both private hire taxi insurance and public hire vehicles including Hackney carriages/black cabs and minibuses. Our cover is amongst the most flexible on the market, with policies providing as much or as little cover as you need. That includes legal expenses, public liability, personal accident, breakdown cover, windscreen repair and employers’ liability. With a choice from a leading panel of specialist insurers, we are bound to find a competitive price for you.
We also cover individuals who work as chauffeurs, wedding drivers and those with local authority contracts to carry school children. In short, if you carry passengers in a vehicle for a living, we can arrange leading insurance cover for you.
The taxi trade has evolved greatly over the last few years with the introduction of new technology and taxi booking apps like Hailo and Uber. As one of the UK’s leading providers of taxi insurance, we can tailor cover for this new breed of drivers, as well as continuing to provide an exceptional service to more established taxi drivers and firms.
GET A QUOTE NOW
Types of Taxi Car Insurance?
Features of Tradex Taxi Insurance
- Local roadside assistance and local recovery
- Public liability cover up to £10m
- Money cover up to £500
- Personal accident cover, £100,000 (up to age 75)
- Bonus protected from one year onwards
- Any location considered
- Bonus Booster available - We offer those without a no claims bonus an initial six-month policy which allows you to accrue a full year’s no claims bonus. That bonus can then be used on one of our full-term policies
What is Taxi Insurance?
As a taxi driver, you’ll know that the last thing you need is for your taxi to be off the road. The longer you’re unable to work, the more money you’re missing out on, which is why it’s so vital you have the right cover in place to protect you, your vehicle and your livelihood.
Taxi insurance is different from a standard car policy because it protects you against the specific risks you face. As a taxi driver, you spend much more of your time on the road than the average driver, often at unsociable hours and in inner-city areas, which statistically increases the risk of an accident. The vehicles taxi drivers use, such as black cabs, MPVs and minibuses are often larger and carry more passengers than normal cars, which also brings additional risks.
Taxi insurance can cover the vehicle, the driver, your passengers, members of the public and their property to protect your livelihood so you can get back on the road as quickly as possible. Read our FAQs for more.
GET A QUOTE FOR YOUR TAXI INSURANCE
Do I need Taxi Insurance?
Anyone who drives a taxi for profit, regardless of the vehicle type or whether it’s private or public hire, will need specific taxi insurance. That’s because standard car insurance simply will not provide the cover you need, even if it includes business use. Use of your vehicle as a taxi is usually an exclusion on a standard car insurance policy and therefore, it is important to ensure that you have the right cover in place. Find out more by reading our taxi car insurance FAQs.
What Type of Cover Does Taxi Insurance Provide?
At Tradex, our taxi insurance policies can vary widely depending on your particular circumstances, the vehicle(s) you drive and your business type. There are a number of different cover types for you to consider:
- Public hire – Public hire taxis are those that do not need to be pre-booked and can be hailed by customers on the street. This presents particular risks, which means specific public hire cover must be put in place. You might assume public hire cover would cost more, but as the taxis tend to be newer and the drivers often older and more experienced, that’s not always the case. London black cabs are probably the best example of public hire taxis.
- Private hire – Private hire taxis are those that must be pre-booked and cannot be flagged down on the road or display a taxi sign.
- Named driver policies – If you own a single taxi and are the only driver then a named driver policy is likely to be the best fit for you.
- All-driver policies – This type of policy will cover all drivers up to a certain age. If you run a taxi firm then as a fleet owner, you should weigh up the convenience an all-driver policy can provide against the potential costs.
- Public liability insurance – Public liability comes as a feature on many policies and covers you against claims made by members of the public who may be injured or suffer a loss as a result of travelling in your taxi.
- Taxi breakdown cover – Taxi breakdown cover can often be added to taxi insurance policies.
- Larger vehicles – If you want cover for larger taxis with more seats than standard such as minibuses or MPVs, you should generally expect to pay a higher premium.
- Modified vehicles – During the quote process, you’ll also be asked to declare modifications your taxi might have, such as wheelchair clamps, straps and ramps.
Find out more by reading our taxi insurance FAQs.
Is Taxi Insurance Mandatory?
Standard car insurance will not provide the necessary level of cover if you use your vehicle as a taxi. For that reason, it’s essential you put dedicated taxi insurance in place. The type of taxi insurance you need will be determined by a number of factors. That includes:
- Your business type – Is your taxi for private or public hire?
- Where you operate – You need to ensure your policy is tailored to the particular regions you drive in. The premium you pay will differ depending on whether you operate predominantly in urban or rural areas.
- Vehicle type – If your taxi has more than the standard five seats then you may need a policy that’s specifically designed for larger vehicles.
- The number of vehicles – If you operate a taxi business then you might find a fleet policy is the most cost-effective way to insure your vehicles.
GET A QUOTE FOR TAXI INSURANCE
How does Taxi Insurance Work?
The amount of extras you can add to your tax insurance policy is almost limitless, so take some time to think about the risks you face and the cover you need. While some elements of the policy will be fee-free, there are also some features that will increase the cost of your premium, so it’s well worth checking you do not already have relevant cover from another source. Take a look at our FAQs to find out more.
What Level of Taxi Insurance Cover do I need?
As well as a wide range of extras and options, there are three levels of taxi car insurance cover you will have to choose from. That includes:
- Third party only – This is the minimum level of cover you must have by law. It will cover you for any damage caused to someone else’s vehicle, property or person, but does not provide any cover for you or your vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft – This covers all third parties but also will protect your own vehicle against damage caused by fire or theft.
- Comprehensive – This is the most extensive level of protection you can buy. It includes all of the cover listed above but also protects you and your vehicle against injury or damage.
Find out more about our range of taxi insurance policies by reading our comprehensive FAQs.
LETS GET STARTED