Looking for Minibus & MPV Insurance Quotes?
As the UK’s leading provider of minibus and MPV insurance, we are perfectly placed to provide tailored cover at some of the most competitive prices you’ll find. There’s a big responsibility attached to transporting groups of passengers by minibus or MPV. Finding insurers who understand the risks you face can be difficult, but with the help of the specialist Tradex team, we can find the right cover, at the right price, in just a few minutes.
Our flexible minibus policies insure multi-seat vehicles with up to 17 seats, including the driver. Our policies are suitable for those who use a minibus or multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) to transport multiple passengers, whether it’s school children, the elderly, disabled passengers or even youth club members.
We can also provide cover for both public and private hire, which includes vehicles that pick up fares on the streets and those that are pre-booked for events, airport transfers and weddings. We also cover high value and adapted vehicles which may be used for festivals, parties and more.
All you need to do is click the ‘Get Quote’ button below, tell us a little bit about you, your business and your vehicle and we’ll come up with a quote for a tailored policy that suits your specific needs. Alternatively, if you’d like to discuss your requirements, please get in touch with our team.
Features of Tradex Minibus & MPV Insurance
- Local roadside assistance and local recovery
- Any location considered
- Bonus protected from one year onwards
- Personal accident cover, £100,000 (up to age 75)
- Unlimited windscreen cover
- Money cover up to £500
- Bonus Booster available - We offer those without a no claims bonus an initial six-month policy which allows you to accrue a full year’s no claims bonus. That bonus can then be used on one of our full-term policies
What is Minibus & MPV Insurance?
If you drive a minibus or a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) as a taxi to carry passengers for airport transfers, parties or weddings, standard taxi insurance just won’t do. More passengers mean additional risk, so it’s essential your insurance policy is designed to provide cover for the particular risks you face.
If your vehicle has between nine and 17 seats, including the driver’s seat, then it will usually be classed as a minibus and you will need the right type of cover to drive it legally on the roads. You will need a specific minibus insurance policy whatever you use the vehicle for, including:
- Using the minibus for a charity, school, nursing home or other club or group
- Driving a minibus as your private vehicle
- Driving a minibus or MPV as a taxi
Find out more by reading our FAQs.
Do I need Minibus & MPV Insurance?
Anyone who drives a taxi for profit, regardless of the vehicle type or whether it’s for private or public hire, will need specific taxi insurance. However, if your taxi has more than nine seats (including the driver’s seat) then you must go one step further and get specific minibus and MPV insurance.
Unfortunately, as there will be larger groups travelling in them, these vehicles tend to be in a higher insurance group, which means you may have to pay a little more for the cover you need. However, at Tradex, we do everything we can to find the lowest possible premium for you.
Find out more by reading our FAQs.
What Type of Cover does Minibus & MPV Insurance Provide?
If you use a minibus or MPV for hire or reward work, for example, as a taxi driver, the type of cover you need will depend on the vehicle type and the number of seats it has. It will also be dependent on the type of work you do. Most large taxis tend to be used for private hire work, which means they need to be booked in advance and cannot be hailed from the street, but that’s not necessarily always the case.
The type of cover you will need to consider includes:
- Private hire – If you operate a minibus or MPV as a taxi that must be pre-booked then you will need private hire cover.
- Public hire – There are also some larger taxis that are available for public hire. That means they display a taxi sign and can be hailed in the street. This presents a different set of risks so it’s important you put public hire cover in place.
- Named driver policies – If you own a single taxi and are the only driver then a named driver policy will likely be the right choice for you.
- All-driver policies – If you run a fleet of minibuses or MPVs then all-driver cover will allow any of your drivers to operate any vehicle. This cover may cost more than a named driver policy but it could be much more convenient for your business.
- Public liability insurance – As a taxi driver, there’s a real risk that members of the public could be injured or suffer a loss while travelling in your minibus or MPV. Public liability insurance will cover you against the cost of such claims and help to protect your business.
- Modified vehicles – Has your minibus been modified to allow ease of access for disabled passengers? If it has, that’s no problem. We can provide cover for vehicles with wheelchair clamps, straps and ramps.
- Taxi breakdown cover – The last thing you want is to be stranded on the side of the road and losing money with every fare you miss. Breakdown cover is a serious consideration for minibuses and MPVs and this additional cover can be added to most policies.
Find out more by reading our minibus and MPV insurance FAQs.
Is Minibus & MPV Insurance Mandatory?
Yes. If your vehicle has between nine and 17 seats, including the driver’s seat, then you will need specific minibus and MPV cover as standard taxi insurance will not protect you. If your vehicle has over 17 seats then it will normally be classed as a coach.
For charity groups and clubs that use a minibus or private and public hire taxi firms, minibus and MPV insurance is essential for protecting your livelihood and your passengers too.
How does Minibus & MPV Insurance Work?
Finding the right insurance policy for you is easy. All you have to do is tell us your vehicle type and the number of seats it has. You’ll also have to specify whether it’s available for private or public hire and whether you want cover for a single vehicle or a fleet.
You’ll then be able to select the type of extras you’d like, such as public liability, windscreen replacement and repair, breakdown and legal cover. We’ll then find the best price for you.
We recommend checking all your existing insurance cover to makes sure you don’t already have relevant protection, such as public liability or breakdown cover, from another source.
Take a look at our FAQs to find out more.
What Level of Minibus & MPV Insurance Cover do I need?
Whether you want to set up a new private hire company and need an insurance quote for a whole fleet of minibuses, or you want a single policy for an MPV, you will have to think carefully about the level of cover you need. As with standard vehicle insurance, there are three levels of cover you can choose from. That includes:
- Third party – This is the minimum level of cover you must have to drive on public roads. It will provide cover for damage, loss or injury to third parties while driving your minibus and is the least expensive level of cover.
- Third party fire and theft – This provides all of the cover listed above but also protects you from damage caused by a fire or the theft of your vehicle.
- Comprehensive – This is the most extensive level of protection you can buy. It includes all of the cover listed above but also protects you and your vehicle against injury or damage.
Find out more about minibus and MPV insurance policies by reading our comprehensive FAQs.